Pinned Post

Deffkopta to Buggy!

A simple and easily repeatable conversion to turn your Deffkopta into a Rokkit Buggy.

Monday, March 20, 2023

Memory Lane - Adepticon 2023

As the date for Adepticon 2023 approaches, I find myself getting increasingly nostalgic about the times gone by. Every year, I revisit this blog, and it has turned into a time capsule of sorts, documenting my 40k hobby and my trips to Adepticon with my friends.

This year, we're going back to Adepticon again. Although we don't all live in the same state anymore, it's our one opportunity a year to get together like old times. As I look back at the memories of all those garage games of 40k in the midwest winter, freezing our butts off trying to get some practice in before Adepticon, I can't help but feel grateful for those times. They were formative experiences that helped us bond as a group, and they're memories that I'll cherish forever.

Thanks to the Adepticon archive, I was able to figure out that this will be my 11th Adepticon. It's crazy to think that I've been doing this for so long, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, I missed a few Adepticons in there because of random life events, but for the most part, this tradition since 2007 has lived on.

There's something special about Adepticon. It's more than just a gaming convention. It's a place where like-minded people can come together, share their love for the hobby, and make lasting memories. For me, Adepticon has been a constant in my life. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I know that I'll always have this one week in the year where I can escape and be with my friends.

As I prepare for Adepticon 2023, I can't help but wonder what memories we'll make this time. Will we try out a new game? Will we finally win a team tournament? Will we get lost on the way to the convention center like we always do? Whatever happens, I know that it'll be another chapter in the story of our Adepticon journey.

In closing, I want to say that if you're thinking about going to Adepticon, do it. It's an experience that you won't forget. You'll make new friends, learn new things, and have a great time. And who knows, maybe you'll start a tradition of your own that you'll look back on fondly in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment